In Georgia, summer is finally here! Many families are preparing for school to let out for the summer. Summertime usually means a slow down in our busy schedules. It’s a wonderful time to schedule your family’s summer studio portraits and capture your growing family as they are right now.
While we love the warmth and sunshine that summer brings, it also brings the Georgia heat and humidity. With our comfortable studio, you don’t have to worry about being too hot during your session. Now that you don’t have to worry about the weather let’s talk about what you should wear for this portrait session.
Styling Your Summer Studio Portraits
- Choose Your style – Are you looking for a traditional style portrait? Or are you interested in a more casual style? Either is fine and creates gorgeous photos, it’s just about knowing that you want before the summer studio portraits. Start with this before moving on to the next steps!
- Imagine Your Final Portrait – Take a moment to close your eyes and imagine your final portrait. Where is it displayed in your home? Are you dreaming of a traditional portrait that’s on the dining room wall? Or are you thinking of looking through an album of your family? This will help you choose the right outfits for your session.
- Start with Mom – One of our best tips is to start with mom’s outfit and then decide on everyone else’s. Sometimes moms experience the most challenge when finding an outfit, so it’s much easier to plan the rest if she finds hers first.
- Choose Neutral Summery Colors – If we start with a neutral color, we can coordinate and blend fun summery colors that’ll look really like in the family portrait. Stick to classics rather than trendy because we want this portrait to look beautiful on your dining room wall for years to come.
- Avoid Bright Colors or Patterns – Some fun colors and muted patterns are okay, but generally, we recommend avoiding anything that will stand out in the portrait. If we have a family member with a flair for fashion, we can find another way to tastefully showcase that without distracting in the photo.
- Tasteful Accessories – Again, this goes back to finding accessories that suit your style but won’t distract from the photo or look out of date in a few years. We want to highlight all of your beautiful faces and smiles! Choose tasteful accessories that will look great for years to come.
- Think Comfort and Style – A huge bonus of a studio session is that we don’t have to worry about dressing for the weather. You can find outfits that you will love! We always recommend thinking of comfort and style. We want every family member to feel at ease and excited about their portrait.
Your Cobb County Family Photographer
We guide our clients through choosing the right wardrobe for their portrait session. It’s just another way that we make the family portrait experience as fun and easy as possible! We love helping clients find the right look. Everyone deserves to feel happy and confident on the day of their session.
You can learn more about our family portrait session process here. We want to meet you and answer any questions you may have! Please feel free to call us at (678) 427-9255 or email us at email@example.com and ask. We can’t wait to hear from you!