Can you smell that? Spring is in the air, which means spring portrait session season! This is one of our favorite times of the year as we all look to enjoy warmer temps before the hot summer arrives.
One of the many perks of having your family portrait session inside our comfortable and temperature-controlled studio is that you don’t have to worry about dressing for the weather. However, if you’re looking forward to a spring family portrait session and want to dress seasonally, then we have the tips for you!
First, if you’re looking for general advice on preparing for your family portrait session, here’s another blog for you with our tips on how to have a stress-free session.
Okay, let’s get back to our best tips on what to wear for your spring family portrait session.
6 Tips on Dressing for Your Spring Portrait Session
1. Start with the final product in mind – We need to start with the final product in mind and work our way back to style your session accordingly. Do you want to display your portrait artwork on the walls of your dining room? Perhaps you want a family portrait album to be able to look through in the years to come. Once we know that, we can decide which outfits will look best in those places.
2. Choose lighter, complementary colors – Think spring with softer colors such as whites, pinks, light blues, and greens. These light, cheerful colors will look beautiful in your family portrait and compliment almost everyone.
3. Dress in coordinating styles – Now that you have your colors, it’s time to think about what types of outfits you want. If you’re looking for a formal portrait, you might want the ladies in dresses and the men in dress shirts. If you’re looking for a casual portrait, maybe you want jeans. It depends on what you want!
4. Avoid loud patterns – If you’re thinking spring, you might want floral patterns on your dress. We usually suggest avoiding loud patterns as they will distract from your beautiful faces. If you find a dress with a soft pattern, that might work but ask your photographer!
5. Choose simple accessories – Again, we usually recommend avoiding too many accessories such as large jewelry, scarves, and definitely hats. These may cover you up too much and even hide your face! Choose simple and timeless accessories for your family portrait. A nice family heirloom can add a special personalized touch to your portrait!
6. Spot-check everyone’s outfits before session day – At least a week before your session, make sure to spot-check everyone’s outfits! Make sure everyone’s outfits fit well, and there are no spots, tears, or anything else that will need fixing prior to the session.
Family Portrait Photographer in Powder Springs, GA
Need more help? If you join our email community, we will send you a guide on what to wear for your portrait session straight to your inbox! Subscribe here.
If you’re looking for a family portrait photographer, look no further! G and E Studios has been photographing families since 2011 and offers a comfortable, stress-free experience right here in our studio located in Powder Springs, GA. We welcome you to reach out by sending us a message.